Pro Truck Auctions Limited (as defined below) will process your (as defined below)
Personal Data (as defined below).
to Pro Truck Auctions processing (as defined below) of your Personal Data in accordance
meanings unless the context otherwise requires::
- "Pro Truck Auctions" a company registered in England and Wales
with registration number 05637138 whose registered office is at Unit 14 Sandtoft
Industrial Estate, Belton, Doncaster, DN9 1PN;
- "Compliance Officer" the person referred to in Paragraph 3.4 ("Your
Rights") below appointed by us to deal with issues regarding our compliance with
the DPA and the Privacy Regulations;
- "Customer Services" the persons employed by us (or by our Data
Processors on our behalf) or contracted to us to provide Customers and Users with
help and assistance in respect of their dealings with, inter alia, us;
- "DPA" the Data Protection Act 1998;
- "Generic Data" anonymous information which does not specifically
- "Privacy Regulations" the Privacy and Electronic Communications
(EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- "Site" www.protruckauctions.co.uk, being the web site address operated
- "Terms and Conditions of Use" our terms and conditions of use for the Site;
- "User" a person who uses the Website;
- "we", "us", "our" Pro Truck Auctions;
- "you", "your" a User.
meanings attributed to them as in the DPA unless the context otherwise requires
- "Data Controller".
- "Data Processor".
- "Personal Data".
- "Process" "Processing".
- "Sensitive Personal Data".
The full text of these definitions can be obtained upon request. See Paragraph 3.7
("Contact Information") below for contact details.
We are the Data Controller in respect of Personal Data relating to you that we Process
from time to time. We take the security and privacy of you and your Personal Data
seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy on line. Our primary
reason for collecting your Personal Data is to enable us to fulfil our obligations
to Users and to make the service we provide for you more efficient. We do not anticipate
collecting or processing Sensitive Personal Data about you.
3. OUR POLICY FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
3.1. What Personal Data do we process about you and where do we get it from?
When you contact us through the "Contact Us" link on the Site or by telephone by
E-mail or by post we may collect Personal Data from you (including in particular
information such as your name, address, other contact details including your E-mail
address and mobile telephone number, employment details.
Notwithstanding the above your personal information may be obtained by us (or by
a Data Processor on our behalf) in any of the following ways:-
- (i) on-line forms from time to time;
- (ii) through the "Contact Us" link on the Site;
- (iii) notwithstanding (ii) above, through E-mail communications with you from time
- (iv) by dealing with one of our employees (or an employee of one of our Data Processors)
over the telephone, by E-mail or by post;
- (v) by telephone recording by us (or by a Data Processor on our behalf);
- (vi) automatically by your internet browser;
- (vii) from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources.
If so, we may add such information (or part of it) to the information we hold about
- (viii) by you replying to mailings and other promotions from time to time.
3.2 What do we do with your Personal Data?
We will process your Personal Data so that:
- (i) we (or a Data Processor on our behalf) can learn about you to enable us to personalise
and continually improve your experience at the Site;
- (ii) we (or a Data Processor on our behalf) can improve our Site to prevent or detect
fraud or abuses of the Site.
- (iii) we (or a Data Processor on our behalf) can assist you through the "Contact
Us" link on the Site or by telephone, E-mail or by post in relation to any specific
queries you may have from time to time in relation to us, a Contract or a proposed
Contract, the service in question and/or the Site;
- (iv) we (or a Data Processor on our behalf) can deal with general queries you raise
from time to time through the "Contact Us" link on the Site or by telephone, E-mail
or by post;
- (v) we can send you information (by post, email, by telephone) about (1) our products
and services and provisions, (2) products, services and promotions of any companies
which are part of the group of companies which we may be a part from time to time,
and/or (3) products, services and provisions of other carefully selected companies,
in each case that we think may be of interest to you. This is often referred to
as "direct marketing" and "host mailing" respectively. If at any time you do not
want to receive such information then please contact our Compliance Officer in accordance
with Paragraph 3.4 ("Your Rights") below;
- (vi) we can gather Generic Data about what pages you visit on the Site, how long
you stayed on each page, and the route you took to navigate through the pages to
help us monitor the accessibility of the Site and what your needs might be so that
we can develop and improve the Site generally, in direct response to your requirements;
Other purposes for which we will process your Personal Data are:
- (vii) the general maintenance of our data base and other information databank by
us or by a Data Processor on our behalf;
- (viii) for security purposes to protect your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal
Data (if any) held and/or processed by us or by a Data Processor on our behalf in
accordance with the DPA;
- (ix) for training our employees or those of our Data Processors in respect of providing
our service to you; and/ or
- (x) for credit referencing in so far as your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal
Data (if any) relating to a Contract or a proposed Contact will be processed by
us or by a Data Processor on our behalf for credit referencing purposes.
We (or Data Processors on our behalf) may from time to time use 'cookies' to store
and sometimes track information about you and to personalise/ customise the service
which we provide to you through the Site. A cookie is a small amount of data transferred
from our server, which is then stored on your computer's hard disc drive. You can
browser to alert you when a cookie is being set up. Some of the services on the
Site are only activated if a cookie is stored on your hard disc drive therefore,
if you choose not to accept the relevant cookie the particular service on the Site
in question may not work as we intend it to work. This issue of cookies is relevant
to you whether you are a Customer or a User.
purposes to be undertaken by us in relation to your Personal Data as set out in
this Paragraph 3.2.
3.3 Who else gets to see your Personal Data?
In light of the different purposes highlighted in Paragraph 3.2 ("What do we do
with your Personal Data") above we will from time to time need to disclose your
Personal Data to various third parties. These third parties are:
- (i) our Data Processors (which may include without limitation: the persons who host
the Site on our behalf; the persons who maintain, update and administer the Site
on our behalf; the persons, unless you have notified us to the contrary, who carry
out "direct marketing" and/or "host mailing" on our behalf; and/or the persons who
carry out any training on our behalf);
- (ii) our suppliers;
- (iii) other companies which are part of the group of companies which we may be a
part from time to time;
- (iv) unless you have notified us to the contrary, other carefully selected companies
who provide goods and services which we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- (v) our authorised employees and/or authorised employees of our Data Processors;
If you are based in a country outside the European Economic Area then your Personal
Data could be transmitted/transferred outside of the European Economic Area either
by you to us (or a Data Processor on our behalf) or by us to you. By accepting the
outside of the European Economic Area and you acknowledge that the county in question
may not have data protection laws to the level of the DPA and/or the Privacy Regulations.
of your Personal Data by us as set out in this Paragraph 3.3
Otherwise we will not disclose your Personal Data to other third parties unless
we have your permission to do so or where we are required by law to disclose such
3.4 Your rights
You have the right to object to your Personal Data being used for 'direct marketing'
and/or "host mailing" purposes.
If you do not want to receive such "direct marketing" and/or "host mailing" please
contact our Compliance Officer, Charlie Wright (or such other person as we determine
accordingly)) in writing as follows:
- (i) by post to: Compliance Officer, Pro Truck Auctions Limited, Unit 14 Sandtoft
Industrial Estate, Belton, Doncaster, DN9 1PN
- (ii) or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As mentioned in more detail in Paragraph 3.2 above, you can set your internet browser
is being set up.
You have the right under the DPA to request from us information as to what Personal
Data we (or our Data Processors in so far as they are processing your Personal Data
on our behalf) are processing about you. Such requests should be made in writing
to our Compliance Officer (see contact details above) and should be accompanied
by a £10 fee. We will provide you with the relevant information within 40 days of
receipt of the said fee.
You have other rights under the DPA in relation to our processing of your Personal
Data and other rights under the Privacy Regulations.
3.5 Maintenance of Your Personal Data
We are committed to the security of your Personal Data
We do not provide any on-line security when you actually provide us with your Personal
Data. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is not disclosed
to third parties as you enter it into via any online form or the "Contact Us" link
on the Site which ever the case may be.
We do not provide any on-line security as your Personal Data is transmitted to us
(or our Data Processor on our behalf) via the internet. This also applies to information
provided to us (or our Data Processor on our behalf) through the "Contact Us" link
on the Site.
Once your Personal Data is stored in our data base or otherwise in electronic form
by us (or our Data Processor on our behalf) it is password-protected and is only
accessible by our employees (or those of our Data Processor on our behalf) authorised
to access such information. This also applies to information provided through the
"Contact Us" link on the Site.
All of your Personal Data, which is stored in our data base or otherwise in electronic
form by us (or our Data Processor on our behalf) on a server, is kept in a locked
data centre accessible only by swipe card (namely by our authorised employees (or
those authorised employees of our Data Processor on our behalf) and monitored at
all times by CCTV.
of your Personal Data provided to us (directly or via our Data Processors on our
behalf) and not to Personal Data you may provide directly to other persons (including
without limitation third party advertisers to which links may be situate on the
Site). Each of these persons (including our Data Processors will have their own
policies in respect of processing Personal Data you provide to them directly and/or
to your Personal Data that we may disclose to them in accordance with this Privacy
3.7 Contact information
If you have any questions or queries about our processing or use of your Personal
Data you should write, in the first instance, to our Compliance Officer (see contact
details at Paragraph 3.4 ("Your Rights") above).
If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your Personal Data, you should
contact the Information Commissioner's office information line on: +44 (0)1625 545745
or visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk